Lithium Ion batteries have a high energy density and are perfect for cyclic applications. They offer savings of up to 70% in volume and weight compared to traditional lead-acid batteries. Lithium Ion batteries offer ultra-fast charging and discharging, high efficiency and three times as many charging cycles (2000 full cycles) compared to traditional lead acid batteries.
Enerdrive’s Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) is the safest of the mainstream li-ion battery types. The nominal voltage of each cell is 3,2V. A 12,8V Enerdrive battery therefore consists of 4 cells connected in series.
All lithium Ion batteries require a battery management system (BMS). There is no way around this. There are numerous examples of catastrophic failures where no BMS has been used.
All Enerdrive Lithium Ion batteries contain an internal (BMS). This system monitors each cell internally and balances the cells during charge to level the state of charge of all cells in the pack. It also protects each cell in the battery from going outside its safe voltage range.
Included in the construction of the battery case is a unique battery cable coupling system. This aircraft designed system integrates the battery pack to Enerdrives Lithium Installation Kit.
The installation kit incorporates the Enerdrive Advanced BMS Rely Driver, ePRO monitor, Main DC Fuse and a load disconnect latching relay. This kit is connected to the battery and designed to work hand in hand with the batteries internal BMS system for controlling charging and discharging sources for ultimate protection of your investment.
Many companies will just sell you the battery and if lucky, you will get a BMS incorporated. They neglect to tell you that disconnecting loads and charging sources at the critical times requires more equipment to be installed to manage these operations.
The Enerdrive Advanced BMS Relay Driver has 2 pre-programed settings .
Output 1-4 Disabled; is programmed if you do not wish to use the Output contacts. If the battery SOC% is Low or Cell Voltage is high, the BlueSea relay will disengage, turning off the whole system to protect the battery.
Output 1 – 4 Enabled; is programmed if you wish to utilise the Output contacts (Recommended to use this setting). Using this program allows you to have the charging sources run through external relays allowing the BMS to isolate the charging source in the event of a cell voltage being too high without turning the whole electrical system Off. In the event of low SOC% the Blue Sea relay will disengage to protect the battery.
Low State of charge (SOC%) Relay Cut Out.
The system is designed to disconnect the battery if it has been drained to a pre-set capacity. When the monitor registers the low SOC% set point, it will disengage the Blue Sea Latching Relay to prevent further discharge and/or damage to the battery.
- High Quality Lithium Ion Phosphate Cells from one of the leading manufacturers (LiFePO4)
- Every cell is protected by an internal BMS control board protecting the batteries from Cell imbalance and high voltage situations (that’s bad – very bad for you and the batteries)
- All 4 cells (12v units) are clamped together by stainless strapping, secured to the battery box base, and then encased in a powder coated zinc shell for the ultimate protection and zero movement of the cells
- Battery cable (supplied) from the battery to the installation kit is 95mm2
- There is no possible method to connect loads to the battery without running through the installation kit. The Installation kit is connected to the battery box using a unique ‘aircraft’ grade connection plug that ensures high current capabilities and positive locking
- 400amp ClassT DC main fuse and holder
- 500amp / 50mV shunt for connection to the ePRO battery monitor
- ePRO battery monitor with 10 meters of connection cable supplied for remote location of monitor
- BlueSea Systems 500amp Latching Relay for low battery disconnect
- Then finally, our proprietary in house designed and built Advanced BMS Relay Driver
|Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.|
|Life Cycles*||80% DOD||≥2000 Cycles||80% DOD||≥2000 Cycles||80% DOD||≥2000 Cycles|
|70% DOD||≥3000 Cycles||70% DOD||≥3000 Cycles||70% DOD||≥3000 Cycles|
|Dimensions-mm LxWxH||280 x 324 x 277mm||448 x 224 x 336mm||623 x 332 x 403mm|
|Max & Min Voltage:||Charge: 15V Discharge: 11.5V||Charge: 15V Discharge: 11.5V||Charge: 15V Discharge: 11.5V|
|Standard Current||Charge: 0.3C,30A Discharge: 0.3C,30A||Charge: 0.3C,60A Discharge: 0.3C,60A||Charge: 0.3C,120A/150A Discharge: 0.3C,120A/150A|
|Max Constant Current||Charge: 3C,300A Discharge: 3C,300A||Charge: 3C,600A Discharge: 3C,600A||Charge: 0.3C,120A/150A Discharge: 0.3C,120A/150A|
|Max Impulse Current (10s)||Charge: 3C,300A Discharge: 5C,5000A||Charge: 3C,600A Discharge: 5C,1000A||Charge: 3C,1200A/1500A Discharge: 5C,2000A/2500A|
|Operatng Temperature||Charge: 0°C-+70°C Discharge: 20°C-+70°C||Charge: 0°C-+70°C Discharge: 20°C-+70°C||Charge: 0°C-+70°C Discharge: 20°C-+70°C|
|Life Cycles*||80% DOD||≥2000 Cycles|
|70% DOD||≥3000 Cycles|
|Dimensions-mm LxWxH||448 x 224 x 336mm|
|Max & Min Voltage:||Charge: 15V Discharge: 11.5V|
|Standard Current||Charge: 0.3C,60A Discharge: 0.3C,60A|
|Max Constant Current||Charge: 3C,600A Discharge: 3C,600A|
|Max Impulse Current (10s)||Charge: 3C,600A Discharge: 5C,1000A|
|Operatng Temperature||Charge: 0°C-+70°C Discharge: 20°C-+70°C|